NJSPCA adopts OPRA request form

People have asked me whether the New Jersey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (NJSPCA) is subject to the Open Public Records Act (OPRA).  In order to find out, I submitted an OPRA request to the NJSPCA for its records request form. (All agencies subject to OPRA are required by N.J.S.A. 47:1A-5(f) to adopt a records request form.)

The NJSPCA apparently believes that it is subject to OPRA because it provided me with its OPRA request form, which I've placed on-line here.  Interestingly, the NJSPCA has retained a private company called JB Broadcast Media, Inc. to manage its OPRA requests.  The contract between the NJSPCA and JB is also included at the link above.

I have no e-mail or fax number for the NJSPCA so I filed my request by mail to its New Brunswick address.  JB's contract, however, includes JB's e-mail address and the NJSPCA records I received were e-mailed to me from that address.  Those who wish to request NJSPCA records by e-mail may try submitting their requests to the e-mail address listed on JB's contract.