Open Public Meetings Act Showdown tomorrow in Camden

On Friday, January 11, 2013, at 11 a.m. Camden County Superior Court Judge Stephen M. Holden will hear my "Motion to Enforce Litigant's Rights" against the Lawnside Borough Council.  I blogged about the case on November 19, 2012, and that article is available here.  In sum, I am trying to get the court to force Lawnside to obey a court order I obtained in 2008 that requires the Borough, among other things, to keep "reasonably comprehensive" minutes of its executive sessions.  (Note that this standard is apparently stricter than the "reasonably comprehensible" standard required by N.J.S.A. 10:4-14.)

Lawnside's attorney, Morris Smith, has been particularly hostile toward my application, claiming that it is "frivolous and apparently intended to cause the Borough of Lawnside needless expense."  Lawnside has asked the court to make me pay the Borough's attorney's fees and court costs, given the alleged frivolity of my attempt to make the Council obey the 2008 court order.

Readers who are in the Camden area tomorrow may want to stop by and observe this contest.  Judge Holden's courtroom is at 101 S. 5th Avenue, Camden, and I am being represented by Walter M. Luers of Clinton.  The motion paperwork, Smith's opposition  and my reply are available here.