Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Serving as an appointed municipal official

One way to make a difference in your community is to serve as a member of a municipal board. In order to find out what boards have vacancies, submit the following OPRA request to your municipal clerk:

OPRA request

I would like the following government records in accordance with the Open Public Records Act (OPRA) and the common law right of access.

1. The municipality's up-to-date directory of local authorities, boards
and commissions, as required by N.J.S.A. 40A:9-9.2

2. The municipality's "Citizen Leadership Form" as required by the same

I submitted such a request to Penns Grove Borough in Salem County and the responsive documents are on-line here.

As you can see, the following vacancies currently exist in Penns Grove: two positions as Planning Board Alternate; one position on the Redevelopment Agency; two vacancies on the Recreation Board and one position on the Shade Tree Commission. Vacancies may also exist in your town.

No comments:

Post a Comment